८ बैशाख २०८१, शनिबार | Email:- info@nepalrastrakhabar.com | marketing@nepalrastrakhabar.com
OpenAI unveils GPT-4 with limited transparency and improved capabilities - Nepal Rastra Khabar
English News

OpenAI unveils GPT-4 with limited transparency and improved capabilities

ChatGPT reached 100 million users in two months and generated a craze for generative artificial intelligence.

The huge success of ChatGPT, which amassed 100 million users in two months and generated a buzz about generative artificial intelligence, has raised expectations. For several months, digital experts and the media speculated about the launch of GPT-4, the language processing model that was supposed to succeed GPT 3.5, on which ChatGPT’s chatbot is based. After several rumors, the artificial intelligence software was finally unveiled on Tuesday, March 14, by OpenAI, the company that has become a specialist in developing AI models capable of generating impressive texts from written questions or requests.

To tout its progress, OpenAI points out that GPT-4 scored 90% on the Bar examination (the test to become a lawyer in the United States). GPT-3.5, on the other hand, did not score more than 10%, the company said. However, the expectations of the most enthusiastic were somewhat dampened. GPT-4 is, as expected, “multimodal,” in that it is able to process images, in addition to text, in its queries.

But this feature was not yet operational in the version unveiled. And at this stage, unlike ChatGPT, GPT-4 is not accessible to the general public; for the moment it is limited to a few testers, in a paid version with a waiting list, and to a few companies that wish to use it to develop services, through an Application Programming Interface (API). Finally, GPT-4 does not escape some of the shortcomings of chatbots, such as factual errors, although these have been somewhat reduced.

Nepal Rastra Khabar

Nepal Rastra Khabar (Digital News for Society) is a bonafide online news portal of Nepal featuring local as well as global news on finance, culture, politics, business trends, sports, and much more.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also
Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please off your Ad Blocker